| TRAVEL and TOURISM|
| Contributing Editor: Toni Sant
Contributors: Blanche Gatt, Frank Scicluna.
Malta is both an outstanding summer vacation
destination as well as a living microcosm of Mediterranean history. Few
people realize or expect that on such a small cluster of islands one can
come across such a wealth of historic traditions. Besides archeological
and architectural gems Malta's great attraction are the numerous village
"festas" falling mostly during summer. These festivities in honor of the
village patron saint are characterized by band marches, colourful street
decorations, spectacular firework displays and a religious procession where
the statue of the patron saint is carried through the village streets.
At the same time, Malta's many beaches are an obvious place to spend the
time waiting for the celebrations to begin or to have a break from the
rich historical tapestry of the islands.
|FIND A HOTEL IN MALTA OR GOZO...
WHERE ON EARTH IS MALTA?
by Frank Scicluna
WEEK & EASTER IN THE MALTESE ISLANDS
edited by Darrell Pace and Toni Sant
WELCOME TO MALTA
Compiled by Grazio Falzon
| RELATED LINKS
Please note that these are not links to pages created
by aboutmalta.com and will open in a new window.
- Adventure Campsite
- Open all year round, situated at the tip of L-Ahrax, at Dahlet ix-Xmajjar, in northern Malta.
- Best of Malta
- requires MS Internet Explorer version 5 or above.
- Although Brilwalks is mainly about walking in England and Wales it also contains a number of walks in Malta.
- Destination Malta
- A professional destination management company and conference organisation.
- Rental accommodation of farmhouses, seaview apartments, flats and villas in Gozo, as well as self-drive car rental and boat-trips.
- A free service to travellers worldwide offering forums on which to air their views, praise or complaints on their vacation destinations.
- Information about the Maltese islands, what to see, where to stay, where to eat and drink, current events and more.
- Island Hotels Group
- One of the leading groups of companies within the Maltese hospitality sector.
- It's Malta!
- Official site from the Malta Tourism Authority
- Jelly Fish Malta
- Receive by SMS our warnings for jellyfish around the Maltese islands.
- Malta Activities
- Outdoor activities in Malta including rock climbing, coasteering, orienteering plus much more.
- Malta Bargains
- Offering all types of holidays to the Maltese islands; formerly known as Malta Sun Holidays.
- Malta Conferences
- Information for anyone interested in organising a conference in Malta.
- Malta Hotlinks
- Things to do whilst in Malta, discounts to benefit from and accommodation links.
- Malta Tours
- Comprehensive guide about Malta, Gozo & Comino in German language.
This site was last updated on 28-Aug-2008 at 06:39:00
© Copyright 2000 - 2009 aboutmalta.com