| LANGUAGE and LITERATURE|
| Contributing Editor: Pierre J. Mejlak
Contributors: Grazio Falzon, Sergio Grech, Trevor Zahra
Malta has two official languages, Maltese and
English. The English language is a leftover of about 160 years of British
colonisation of Malta. Maltese, is the only Semitic language
which is written in Roman alphabet. Italian, too, is widely spoken among
the younger generation, particularly due to the television programs which
are transmitted from nearby Italy. If you don't speak Maltese and are
willing to spend sometime with our Survival Maltese
you'll find that the Maltese language is interesting enough to make a
little effort very worthwhile.
compiled by Grazio Falzon
MALTESE POETRY ONLINE
compiled by Grazio Falzon
| RELATED LINKS
Please note that these are not links to pages created
by aboutmalta.com and will open in a new window.
- Blast Those Blocks
- The Blast Those Blocks ebook by Mary Attard reveals strategies on how to deal with the writer's block.
- Buy books from and about Malta (dictionaries, novels, children's books, classics, poetry, and much more), every book ever published or printed in Malta is available here.
- Charles Casha
- An author of books for children, well known among young readers with his humorous stories about the jolly character Fra Mudest.
- Edge Translation
- Quality translation into and out of over 80 different languages covering everthing from IT to legal.
- Emilio Lombardi
- Official website for one of the most prolific Maltese popular novelists.
- Gorg Mallia
- Communications academic, author and cartoonist.
- Guze` Stagno
- Official website for the author of Nbid ta' Kuljum and Xemx Wisq Sabiha.
- Immanuel Mifsud
- Contemporary Maltese writer, writing mainly about the life and times of the Maltese Generation X.
- Book manufacturing service for international publishers.
- Intervisti ma' Kittieba Maghrufa Maltin
- Intervisti ma' Mario Azzopardi, Oliver Friggieri, Albert Marshall, u Trevor Zahra li xxandru fuq ir-Radju tal-Universita' fl-2000 fis-sensiela Unici. [audio webcast]
- JPS Books
- Supplier of books in English and Maltese, mostly Malta-related.
- L-Akkademja tal-Malti
- Official website of Malta's oldest literary society, spearheadeing the cause of the Maltese language.
- Maltese Computing
- Dedicated to the Maltese Language in electronic form, includes a mailing list with active discussion on issues pertinent to the use of Maltese on the computer.
- Maltese Keyboard Driver
- Works on all fully Unicode Compliant applications running on Windows 2000 XP, well as some older versions.
- Maltese Language Support Software
- National standards on the use of Maltese characters in computer systems from the Central Information Management
Unit (CIMU), the Malta Standards Authority and L-Akkademja tal-Malti.
- Maltese-English-Maltese Dictionary
- Joseph Aquilina's 6 volume dictionary consists of about 80,000 entries in the Maltese-English edition and 120,000 entries in the English-Maltese edition.
- Minima Publishers
- Books included works by Guze` Stagno, Karl Schembri, Arnold Cassola, and Immanuel Mifsud.
This site was last updated on 28-Aug-2008 at 06:37:39
© Copyright 2000 - 2009 aboutmalta.com