| GOZO and COMINO|
| Contributing Editor: Pierre
Contributors: Anton F. Attard, Rev. Joseph Bezzina,
Alexander Bonnici OFM, Joe Camilleri, Lawrence Camilleri, Grazio A. Grech,
Anthony Said, Joseph Said, Sonia Sultana, Joseph Zerafa
Malta consists of a small group of islands: Malta, Gozo, Kemmuna, Kemmunett, and Filfla, located in the Mediterranean Sea south of Sicily. Gozo, the most northerly island of the Maltese archipelago, is second in size to Malta. With a population of only 25,000 people, Gozo has a character quite distinct from Malta's. The countryside is greener and more spectacular, with flat-topped hills characterizing the landscape, while the coast has rugged cliffs, penetrated by steep valleys and beautiful bays. Comino is the third smallest island in the Maltese archipelago. Only a handful of farmers live there and neither cars, nor other noisy activities disturb the peaceful tranquility of this little paradise. The bays and rocks in Comino and the crystal-clear waters are ideal for any kind of water sports, especially snorkeling and scuba diving. There is regular ferry and helicopter service to and from Malta and Gozo.
GOZO AND COMINO
compiled by Pierre J. Mejlak
an in-depth study by Anton F. Attard
THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE VILLAGE
UNIT IN GOZO AFTER 1575
an in-depth study by Rev Dr Joseph Bezzina
HOLY WEEK IN GOZO
compiled by Pierre J. Mejlak with the help of Anthony
THE GROTESQUE CARNIVAL AT NADUR
compiled by Pierre J. Mejlak
| RELATED LINKS
Please note that these are not links to pages created
by aboutmalta.com and will open in a new window.
- Live weather report and a 3-day marine forecast from the Nadur Weather Observatory.
- AGER Foundation
- Fostering awareness about Gozo as a unique tourist destination.
- Baron Group
- Established service outfit in various areas of commerce on Gozo.
- Caritas Gozo
- Responsible for the following entities in Gozo: Lourdes Home, Dar Guzeppa Debono, St. Joseph Home, Center for the Disabled,
Little Flower Day Center, Centru Qalb Wahda (Solidarity Center ), and Home for Elderly Priests.
- Online travel and business portal featuring live booking engines for flights, hotels and tours.
- Presenting Gozo as the 'Pearl of Europe'.
- Cut and buy flowers directly from our nursery or from our shop in Gozo.
- Gozo Channel Company Limited
- Provides passenger and vehicle ferries between Mgarr Harbour and Cirkewwa, and a cargo ferry service to Sa Maison.
- Gozo Contemporary
- Contemporary art space in Gozo offering self-directed creative residencies.
- Useful information, news about Gozo in German.
- Comments, news, opinions and more from the Mediterranean Island of Gozo.
- Images of Gozo and Comino in 19 albums offering a spectacular virtual tour of the northern Maltese Islands.
- A virtual meeting place for all Nadurin around the globe.
This site was last updated on 28-Aug-2008 at 06:37:39
© Copyright 2000 - 2009 aboutmalta.com