| FOOD and DRINK|
| Contributing Editor: Toni Sant
Contributors: Anne & Helen Caruana Galizia, Grazio Falzon.
Maltese gastronomy is a fascinating blend of influences that reflects Malta's location and history. Primarily Italian in character, Maltese cuisine also borrows extensively from the kitchens of North Africa and the Eastern Mediterranean. Over the centuries, all of these distinct components have been integrated into a uniquely wholesome and flavourful melange.
by Anne & Helen Caruana Galizia
FLAVORS OF MALTA
Compiled by Grazio Falzon
MORE MALTESE RECIPIES (coming soon)
| RELATED LINKS
Please note that these are not links to pages created
by aboutmalta.com and will open in a new window.
- 1743 Ir-Razzett l-Antic
- A 300-year-old farmhouse situated in the heart of the medieval village of Qormi, offering authentic old-style Maltese cooking.
- Alf. Mizzi & Sons (Marketing) Group
- Sales, distribution and marketing of a wide range of food and grocery products, with services such as Qualitylink and the Kwiksave Gift Scheme.
- Attard & Co.
- Importers and distriburors of photo and film products, foodstuffs, and more.
- Bar V5
- Trendy venue at the Valletta Waterfront.
- Baruni Enterprises Ltd.
- Importers and distribuitors of beverages including Chambord Liquer Royale De France and Barrons Bulldog Energy Drink.
- Beershop Online
- Worldwide delivery for Cisk and other Farsons Beers, as well as Kinnie.
- Online Food and Recipe Magazine with thousands of recipes.
- Salon Culinaire details, Malta National Team of Chefs, and more for professional chefs.
- Cilia Products Ltd.
- Herbs & spices, all sorts of confectionery products, and some great recipes.
- Cisk Export
- Premium Lager Beer from the Simonds Farsons Cisk Brewery.
- Cisk Lager
- A golden-coloured, bottom-fermented lager beer launched in Malta in 1928.
- Culinary Malta
- Website by Maltese Chef Robert Cauchi based in the United Emerates city of Dubai.
- Dolceria Grano
- A family-operated dolceria in the northern part of the island producing local pastries.
- Easter Delicacies
- Recipes for Figolli (Easter Characters) and Kwarezilmal (Lenten Almond Cakes) by Anne & Helen Caruana Galizia.
- Farsons Beer Quality Club
- A vast range of information about beer; including its history, the different styles of beer, recipes and more.
- Farsons Group of Companies
- Simonds Farsons Cisk plc its five main subsidiary companies including the Food Chain Group, Wands Ltd, and Anthony Caruana & Sons Ltd.
- Salsa bar in St. George's Bay.
- Home Wine Making
- Includes information about grapes, process and small-scale machines used.
- House of KAOS
- Restaurant in Bugibba accepting online reservations.
- Island Beverages
- Manufactures and distibutes a wide range of non-alcoholic beverages.
- Island Caterers
- Catering for weddings, banquets, gala dinners, cocktail parties, and more.
- Offical website for a traditional Maltese soft drink.
- Little Waster Pub
- Located in the popular holiday resort of Qawra / Bugibba in Malta.
- M.S. Amusements
- Operator for bar and restaurant amusements such as video games, billiards, flippers, table soccers, jukeboxes, chewing gum vending machines, etc.
This site was last updated on 28-Aug-2008 at 06:37:01
© Copyright 2000 - 2009 aboutmalta.com